The iPad Air 5, a new upgrade that has generated a fair amount of hype due to its powerful M1 chipset that’s equivalent to the iPad Pro, satisfying the needs of pro users that also look for a lightweight, iPad Air 5 easy-to-carry model. Although its outer appearance has not changed much from the iPad Air 4, its internal performance has doubled, with 8GB of RAM, an ultra-wide front camera, Apple Pencil, Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard support, as well as many professional features found in the iPad Pro.
Beyond value-for-money is usability, durability and the ability to meet all needs.
The iPad Air 5 is fully equipped with features to effortlessly meet all requirements for work and studies.
- For online meetings: The iPad Air 5’s front camera has been upgraded to an ultra-wide lens with sharpness of up to 12MP to equal that of the rear camera, f/2.4 aperture, and the Center Stage feature to always position the subject in the center of the frame. It is also able to zoom up to 2 levels: 0.5x and 1x, ensuring clear images for online meetings. At the same time, you can multitask with note-taking or other tasks using the split screen feature to open multiple apps at the same time using Split View, Slide Over or Full Screen mode.
- For creativity: For drawing, video or audio editing, the iPad Air 5 can effortlessly help complete those tasks with its Liquid Retina 10.9-inch LED‑backlit Multi‑Touch display, 2360-by-1640-pixel resolution at 264 ppi and up to 500 nits of brightness. True Tone automatically adjusts the color and intensity of your display to match the ambient light, resulting in sharp, detailed images. The iPad Air 5 can be used to draw images using Procreate, or edit intermediate-level videos using iMovie; smooth processing that’s significantly faster than the previous model.
- For entertainment: The iPad Air 5 performs well in this aspect. In addition to the screen’s sharp display, it also comes with 2 sound systems, 4 speaker channels located at both the top and bottom of the device. This ensures clear-sounding audio whether it be when viewing content, listening to music, or editing. The iPad Air 5’s connectivity supports Wi-Fi 6 2.4GHz and 5GHz with a maximum speed of 1.2 Gbps, Bluetooth 5.0 with USB-C connection. It is able to transfer data at a maximum speed of 10 Gbps, and display images on an additional screen at a resolution of up to 6K.
Must-have Apps to Install on the iPad Air 5
- GoodNotes – a note-taking app: An app for taking notes using the Apple Pencil. Write, edit, store PDF or PowerPoint files seamlessly with various templates to work with such as graph, dotted or ruled paper, as well as planner templates.
- Notability – a note-taking app: An app to jot down all your ideas using the Apple Pencil, or by recording your voice. It can also be used for editing document files.
- Microsoft 365 – document management apps: This includes all the essential apps from Microsoft, whether it be Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive or Outlook.
- Canva – a presentation app: An app to create and design presentations, with a large range of templates and designs to choose from. Achieve beautiful presentation slides while saving time.
- Keynote – a presentation app: One of the basic apps on the iPad for creating beautiful presentation slides with many interesting features to try out.
- Zoom and Google Meet – apps for online meetings: An essential app in this day and age where online meetings can be held anywhere. Zoom and Google Meet should be installed on the iPad for meetings and seminars. While using these apps, it is also possible to share your screen or write on it.
- LumaFusion – a video and audio-editing app: Supports more professional video editing, with up to 6 tracks of audio or videos. The app also allows for color grading, stabilization, retiming, as well as many other features.
- Procreate – an app for drawing: A popular app for all the artsy people out there that’s also probably the most extensive. This is due to the app’s wide range of drawing tools, ability to measure pressure from the Apple Pencil as if you’re really using the drawing tools, as well as the ability to create simple animations.
If you’re looking for a sleek iPad with impressive processing power, supports various use cases such as studying, working or entertainment and is easy to carry around, owning the iPad Air 5 should be a good choice because everything can be done using this device alone. A worthwhile professional-tier purchase at an affordable price.